During an inspection of the Töss South bridge, a number of deficiencies were identified, including elevated chloride levels, cavities and spalling on the supports, the abutments and the road slab. Various joints were no longer fully sealed and flow marks with sintered deposits were found in the bridge’s box girder. The control cabinets and the attachment system for drainage were no longer up to today’s standards.
In order to rectify the deficiencies identified during the inspection, the following repair and reinforcement measures were carried out on the Töss South flyover:
– Reinforcement and repair of the supports underneath the bridge
– Replacement of the console heads
– Repair of the concrete on the road surface
– Renewal of the surface, seals and road transitions
– Replacement of the drainage line
– Replacement of the control cabinets